Sunday 15 February 2015

A Motivational interview with Lola Adeshina



Lola has been my friend and classmate for the past 6 months and I have to say her well rounded and motivated attitude has been an inspiration. Lola has been on her healthy eating journey for 2 years, I decided I would like to interview her to find out the deets on how she does it. We sit down in our learning team room and of course she has a healthy looking smoothie and smile. 

Why did you begin your healthy eating journey?

I began this journey mainly because I started running into a lot of health issues and made the decision to start an overall healthy lifestyle to avoid further problems with my health, so I started out with clearing my refrigerator of any bad foods, ever since then I have noticed a huge difference in my health and never looked back.


What do you enjoy about eating healthy?

It makes me feel good! I wake up feeling energized, my skin feels refreshed and nourished. I find that when I don’t eat healthy I tend to be less happy... also, who wouldn’t love the perks of an acne-free face (she chuckles). Eating healthy allows me to be organized in the sense that I can have healthy prepared meals for my long days at work, instead of worrying about what to eat or even worse- what is going into my body.


What has been the biggest challenge of eating healthy?

Temptations! I don’t believe anyone that says they’d rather have kale chips than chocolate and ice cream on a bad day.

Are there times when you felt like giving up?

Of course, but I tell myself it’s only a mental thing. My body will only be as healthy as I want it to be so I keep feeding it healthy goodness haha.


How do you stay motivated?

I try to gain motivation from everything around me, be it friends, family or social media. I try to pick out the positive aspects of things - bonding with friends and family over meal preparations and I go on enough “healthy eating” blogs to stay motivated. I think about it as doing something for myself and my future self, which has been empowering.


What advice would you give others that are starting to eat healthy?

Just go for it! It’s the best decision I’ve made so far. It may seem impossible at first but stay motivated because the lifelong results are so worth it. Don’t be scared to embrace a new you!

Everything Lola has shared with me has been very insightful for me and I hope it is for you too!


If you have any questions, please e-mail us at mphteamone@gmail.com




1 comment: